Storm surge is beginning to build up in several contained areas of the Chesapeake Bay. The Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895) and the Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95) in Baltimore have been flooded. Traffic is detoured around the Baltimore Beltway (I-695). Preliminary assessment is that it will take at least one week for Tube 1 and Tube 2 (southbound) to be re-opened. Tube 3 and 4 may take 2 weeks due to damage to tunnel fans.
MD 222 along the Susquehanna River and part of US 1 near the Conowingo Dam are being flooded. The town of Part Deposit has been evacuated. Flooding along the Patapsco River has caused US 1 to be closed at I-895 and other roads in Elkridge and Linthicum (near BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport). Road damage assessment has not been completed for this area.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete