Facilitator Intervention

We pause in the midst of this unfolding disaster with a word from your facilitator:

According to the statistics package there are at least 200 of you looking in at the Hurricane Zachary website.

The conversation last week was fabulous. I'm nervous about the quiet online for the last 75 minutes (too impatient?).

Here's what I hope you might be willing to share:

  • Did you close down on Monday night or were you still trying to operate this morning? If you closed down, did you send employees home or did you have them camp out? 
  • Is there anything you can do now to plan for restoration, or does it depend on the post-storm assessment? I know many of you are part of large national organizations, even if the local offices, distribution centers, retail outlets, and such are closed, are there planning/preparedness tasks being undertaken at headquarters? 
  • You have probably lost commercial power by now. Can you continue on generator? How long? 
  • Given the current situation, do you think you would have telecommunications operating?  If not, how big a problem is that? 

Maybe the answers to each of these questions are entirely obvious to you. But I wonder how similar or different the answers might be for others?

The public sector and electric utilities have no idea how to answer these questions... and as a result they don't really know how to serve you. There may be more important questions to ask, but I am not smart enough to know them. Hope you have some time to answer.

Thanks again.

3 comments:

  1. Warehouse DistributionOctober 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete